Children between the ages of 5 and 18 may register. Swimmers must be able to swim prior to the first practice and must be able to swim the length of the pool, unassisted by the first meet. Registration is open to residents and non-residents of the River Green community.
Registration is done via the Swimtopia website and payment can be made either via credit card or via check. Checks must be put in the Activities Dropbox @ 201 Clubhouse Drive in River Green within 48 hours after submittal of registration for registration to be complete.
If you have a balance with the swim team from a prior season, your registration will not be approved until the balance has been paid in full.
We are part of the Atlanta Swim Association (ASA). The ASA charges a league fee for each swimmer. The amount of the league fee is determined by the ASA and is beyond our control. In order to help reduce the overall cost to our families, we have reduced our team fees.
|Registration Fees||$130, first swimmer (age 5-14)|
|$65, second swimmer (age 5-14)|
|$35, each additional swimmer (age 5-14)|
|$55, each swimmer (age 15-18)|
|ASA League Fee||$28 per swimmer|
|Non-resident Fee||$25 per swimmer|
|Late Registration Fee
after May 1
|$20 per family (see registration schedule above)|
|Returned Check Fee||$20 + bank fees|
|$150 per family (released/shredded if volunteer obligation met)|
* Fees must be paid in full by credit card at the time of registration or by check made out to Rivergreen Rays and submitted to the activities director's mailbox at 20 Clubhouse Drive within 48 hours of registration.
* There is a separate league fee per swimmer determined by the ASA. The ASA league fees are beyond the control of the swim team.
* There is a $25 non-resident fee per child for families that do not live in River Green. Non-residents must also sign and submit the Non-Resident Waiver. The River Green HOA fee is beyond the control of the swim team.
* Fees include 1 team swim cap and 1 team t-shirt per swimmer.
* Fees DO NOT include the team swim suit. Please see our website on where to purchase the team swim suit. Previous year's suits as well as solid black suits will be acceptable.
*Each family is required to include a separate $150 deposit with their registration to guarantee the volunteer points obligation. If paying credit card, a hold will be placed on the $150 deposit. If paying by check, the check will be held by the Treasurer. When our volunteer coordinator confirms completion of the volunteer requirements, the hold will be released on the credit card funds or the check will be voided and shredded. If the volunteer requirements are not met, the funds will be captured from the credit card or the check will be deposited the Friday following the last swim meet.
LATE FEES: In 2020 and 2021, the late fee charged is a $20 per family late fee for registering after May 1 charged by the Rays. The ASA has waved their typical late registration fees for the Cherokee Division for 2020 and 2021. Beginning in 2022, the ASA will charge a separate late registration fee depending on when swimmers are registered. For example, in 2018, the ASA late fee was $9 per swimmer during the late registration period after April 15, and $14 per swimmer after June 1.
REFUNDS: Up until first swim practice, a full refund less costs paid on your swimmer's behalf (costs may include league fees, t-shirt and swim cap costs and/or non-resident HOA fees) will be issued. Between the first practice and the first meet, a partial refund of registration fees received less $50 for first child withdrawn, $27 for each additional child withdrawn will be issued. If you are a non-resident and the swim team has already paid the non-resident fee to the River Green HOA, the $25 per child non-resident fee cannot be refunded. No refunds will be issued after the first meet.